||The project "INFOROAD - Development of an innovative web tool for mapping and monitoring forest and rural road network" is implemented in the framework of the Action "Investment Innovation Plans". The Action "Investment Innovation Plans" is funded by the Operational Program (OP) of the Region of Central Macedonia (RCM) 2014 - 2020.
INFOROAD is an integrated tool to support decision-making in coping with natural disasters and crises, the sustainable management of the road network and the best possible utilization of forest and agricultural resources.
The development of INFOROAD derives from the need for systematic monitoring and evaluation of the condition of the forest and rural road network. The scope of INFOROAD is to develop a comprehensive tool and method for the detailed recording, mapping and monitoring of the forest and rural road network.
- The design, implementation and promotion of a service for mapping and monitoring the characteristics and condition of the forest and rural road network.
- The development of models for assessing the condition of the forest and rural road network.
- The development of automatic recognition algorithms of the characteristics of the forest and rural road network using machine learning techniques and satellite data.
- The design and implementation of a database and the development of an innovative tool for the monitoring and management of the forest and rural road network.
- The dissemination and promotion of the WebGIS tool and the INFOROAD services.